Tuesday, June 22, 2010

marriage and its beautiful complexity...

So I was bummed that I could not make it to the opening of my solo show in California at the Basement Gallery. Here are some pictures of the install that looks great!! I wish I could see it in person...

I like how the exhibition focused on all my work that deals with marriage and all of its beauty and challenges. The curator, Erica Sheets, is getting married in September and therefore very drawn to that side of my work. It was interesting as I went through my work to review and edit for this thematic connection specifically. Marriage is a crazy wonderful ride.



If you want to see more images of the opening and the install check them out here.

2 comments:

Snag Breac said...

That looks amazing. I'd love to see close-up photos.

Joetta M. said...

thanks so much. most of the pieces are on my website "close-up" and you can see the bed work here:
http://littleyellowbirds.blogspot.com/2010/01/waking-bed-details.html

I wish I could have seen this install in person myself:(