Thursday, November 4, 2010

finding balance

a peek at the beginnings of the new piece...the texture of the hair is great and not coming through the picture at all...I got all of this done yesterday and finished my the gaze work. I will post pics of that tomorrow. I forgot how awesome it is to have time in the studio. lil't is there the entire time but the space is easy to set up nice for him and when he is ready for a nap I just take him upstairs for his nap. So good.

It is so nice and refreshing to live and work here. Our life in Brooklyn is so busy and hectic it is easy to get out of balance and this life immediately creates a slow, steady, mindfulness- and since we know we are going back home we can just enjoy the quiet and stillness rather then be "bored" by it.

A walk looking at the mountains before I head to work.

No comments: