Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sweet, Sweet...


Making Nice series

Enchanted


This is work from artist and friend Cathy McLaurin...  She is an amazingly talented artist, with a lovely sensibility...
She does installation and 2d work.  You illustrators and printmakers I know will really appreciate her new work (top images).





From her Secrets installation

I know Cathy because she is one of the people behind the Essex Art Center which is an amazing art center in Lawrence, MA.  They offer classes, have studios, and 2 great galleries.  One of which Cathy is the director of.  I am proud to say I use to teach there and worked with many of the talented people that are part of this space.
Peruse around Cathy's site and get inspired, plus her site is so well designed and lovely, makes me feel like I need to get to work on mine....
another project she is working on...

No comments: