Monday, May 4, 2009

whew...


My whirlwind weekend is over and I am home and after 2 solid hours almost caught up on my emails.


And what a weekend it was. The summit of awesome was AWESOME.
Our panel went great, everyone had a unique perspective and experience but we all seemed to mesh together very well and provide a helpful and cohesive presentation.
And the weekend itself was great fun.
Highlights for me were simply meeting all the hello craft crew.


Meeting and hearing Jenny Hart speak. (that is her awesome art of Dolly above) Though we have gone in very different directions her story really struck home with me and had many similarities to my own.


I was very excited to eat way to much of the most delicious cake I have ever eaten in my life. I mean seriously good.



Make a super awesome and super simple bag, see me above sewing away in the very top picture in the middle, with the very cool group D.C Threads.

Sold a work:

to one of the folks from Craft Land:

a very cool event in Providence, R. I.


Gave my commission work to what I hope is a very happy owner.


Chatted a lot with this super awesome gal who I have featured here before.

And in the super awesome White elephant one a SUPER AWESOME ring.

So all in all a great weekend. Now I am crazy busy finishing a piece for a show in Mass, a piece for Brooklyn Windows, and a huge installation for Figment arts festival. What! I am so busy.

I promise here at the little blog things will be back to normal by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This past weekend I was in DC with a group of design students from school and forced them to stop by Miss Pixies. I was blown away by your work! I have been in such a creative slump lately and being there in that environment and seeing all the amazing work has totally inspired me! So thank you!

Joetta M. said...

D-
Thank you so much for your comment. I am so delighted that you are inspired by my work. That is the most any artist can ever ask for. So thank you so much for sharing and please be in touch.

Joetta