Thursday, June 2, 2011

productive


Yesterday ended up being surprisingly productive. I made progress on the current red work I am working on,


met 2 new arrivals at the farm, made a communal dinner (with a little help from some folks) then headed out to the barn and got some new drawings done.

an image with 2 drawings of C and T overlapping. I am feeling good about this one.

The large wall and darkness is great. I am trying to get as many done as I can to take home with me. I have a new project in mind and wish that I had printed out those images so I could do those drawings now too - as they are big.


This is a large table cloth that I am doing multiple scenes from t's birth on. It is really about touch. In all of the drawings C is touching me in a very loving, supportive, and intimate way. It is a bit of an experiment in having little vignettes on the same piece of linen but I feel like for this piece it will work. I may end up adding more of the "aqua" work to connect the vignettes to the decorative work to. It will be interesting to see it evolve.

center image



my favorite drawing.

I am realizing how much I will miss this simple life. If C was here I could seriously stay all summer. No pressure, no hub bub. Long term I would get bored but it does remind me how I need to end up somewhere with a little more earth.
And I am totally surprised at how ok it has been to live communally. I thought it would be a struggle for me but it is pretty good.

oh the light here is inspiring the photographer in me.

In all truth Massachusetts- you are calling me home... if only it were as simple as saying that.
But being here does remind me of how easily out of balance NYC can make you and how for the long term of my life I am not so sure that is what I want.

No comments: