Monday, June 20, 2011

thanks to you daddy's


I hope you and the Dad's in your life had a love filled fathers day. Ours was perfect we spent the day spending good ol' fashioned family time together. The only thing that would have made it better is if I could have spent some time with my own Daddio.

I feel like as far as Daddy's go I am quite a lucky one. My dad is an incredible example of how to be a good and loving parent. He was no so lucky and did not have such a good example himself so I am always incredibly grateful and appreciative of how hard he has worked at being such an amazing father and example for me. And for teaching me that you can never say "I love you" too much.

As far as the Daddy of my sweet babe. I scored in that category. When I first met my C I was drawn to the fact that I knew he would be a good dad. He is a natural teacher and he himself is still so fascinated with life and learning that he absolutely shares that passion with his son. I love, love, love, love, watching them together. I knew he would be a good dad but he is even more amazing then I even imagined.

So what do you get such a good man. I surprised C with a one of a kind original drawing of me and the lil' man in his first few months of life. Shelley Weber, the artist, was incredibly pleasant and wonderful to work with and her piece was even more beautiful then I expected. It truly is an heirloom to be treasured in our family.

So hug the dad's ( and mom's) in your life.

Thanks to Ms. Abbey over at Aesthetic Outburst for posting about her own Shelley portrait so that I could find out about her.

No comments: