Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"domestic wonderlands"


I have mentioned the work of Louise Riley here before... the first time I ever saw her work I loved it. Obviously I love her scale and subject matter but her technique of using the thread and it natural qualities is awesome.

Once I interviewed her I liked her even more and then when I read her bio in the PUSH book I knew that if we lived on the same side of the pond we would connect. Just a sample of the bio...


"She is fascinated by people's thorny path, that mystifying drive to survive. Her work is...domestic wonderlands."
Buy the book to read the entire thing.


Anyway the above work is a new piece of Louise's that is in her current exhibit. So if you are on that side of the pond go see it. And for those of you not enjoy it from afar.

No comments: