Thursday, October 27, 2011

french knot moss...


I remember when I first saw an image of a piece by Claire C. Taylor and I loved her innovative use of the french knot and her technique of taking thread to make "nature take things back."



She finally has a website so we can see more of her work and it is just as lovely.



She currently is making work from trash and french knots.


She has also made some interesting and very intelligent work about coffee as an industry including this "rug" made from coffee grounds.


See more of her work here.

3 comments:

Annika said...

Wow. No wonder you were taken by her art. What amazing pieces! I love real moss, anyway, and this is really beautiful.

Cate Rose said...

Wow, what interesting work!

Joetta M. said...

glad you all like her work to. The first time I saw it I was smitten:)