Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A few things...



Going on for me...

First, I am in a performance called Mother Flower, coming up on March 8 and 9th in Washington D.C. 
This is a performance compiled by my wonderful friend Mel, consisting of 20 women telling their stories through spoken word, dance, music, burlesque, film, etc.  I am so excited and proud to be a part of it.  If you happen to be in D.C that weekend check-it out.  The theater is small so get your tickets now!!  

This show reminds me of an installation I did with my friend Megan...Inherited Wisdom (image above) in which we collected from women wisdom that they would like to share with other women for an installation.  What wisdom would you share?
The installation has been installed twice and I hope to make it into a book and quilt someday.
and...


image by Kim Hennessey

A show that opened last night at the SU Gallery on UMASS Amherst Campus called More is More,  I was planning on showing you all my piece in the show, but since I left my digital camera in MA., that will have to wait until next week.
So instead I am highlighting the 2 artists who curated it.

Kim Hennessey who makes really lovely work that usually manifests itself into an installation  of drawings and other materials.  Her new work is not online but you could waste some good time checking out her drawings and Hoods for a while


image by Kim Hennessey


and Deb Karpman, a talanted artist who has a fondess for candy piles.  Sweets anyone?


          images by Deb Karpman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out joetta!
-kim