Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Did you know about this show...


oh yes!!! It is Louise Bourgeois: The Fabric Works at Cheim & Reid in NYC. I am leaving to go out of town for 2 weeks but AS SOON as I get back this is the first thing on my list. I am beyond excited to see the show.


I mean any of you that have read this little blog for any length of time knows that I love me some LB and these works have not been shown in the city since I have been here so- I am so looking forward to being inspired.


from the press release:
Coinciding with an inclination, at old age, to stay closer to home, Bourgeois’s late fabric works provide a sense of introspection – her wardrobe and linen closet became representative of memory. As Bourgeois has stated, “Clothing is…an exercise of memory. It makes me explore the past…like little signposts in the search for the past.” The re-appropriation of her husband’s handkerchiefs, stained tablecloths and napkins, and worn dresses from all phases of her life infuses the work with a confessional, talismanic aura.

Go see it.

and read one of my favorite writings by her here.

No comments: