Tuesday, August 2, 2011

anxiety.



The Anxiety Series by Lindsay Joy was recently featured on Mr. X Stitch but I still wanted to feature it here. Her work is so incredibly honest and raw that it cannot help but move you.


And though I would not consider myself an anxiety ridden person I still can relate to every single piece in the series. In her bio she claims:

This summer I’m embarking on some...projects...and trying to terrify myself repeatedly so that I can function as a normal human being. I recommend reading her statement.


Not to mention that her style of stitching and combining images is totally fantastic.


I imagine that seeing this series all together could make a powerful impact and make you stop and think.

See more of Lindsay's work here.

6 comments:

Sonya Philip said...

Her work is incredible, thank you so much for writing about it.

Abigail Thomas said...

thanks for this; totally love her work. you always show us such great artists! [including your own work..!]

Joetta M. said...

glad you all liked it. I found it so powerful it its raw honesty. love it.

Lindsay Joy said...

Hi, I just found this. Thanks so much for featuring my work! (:

Jessie said...

I would say that it's pretty brilliant!

Joetta M. said...

my pleasure Lindsay and yes you are correct Jessie!!!
:)