Wednesday, August 3, 2011

relief.

the studio as I was packing.

Yesterday, thank goodness, my husband gave me 2 hours alone in the studio to get all my work packed and shipped off. What a weight of my shoulders.

Even though I was on target the entire time to get the work done it still is so stressful to be in the last few weeks before a solo show. There are SO many little things to do.

But since I am not doing the install - now I can just breathe a sigh and hope the show looks great. I cannot wait to share all of the work with you and see images of the exhibit.

Thank you to all of you for your support.

outstretched- almost done.

I have to say MOSTLY I am excited to get back to the series I was working on before this show was offered to me. I ended up leaving that series temporarily behind for 2 reasons, I did not think it was right for the space and I knew that I could not get enough pieces done in time. This project is a SUPER labor intensive and exploratory one. But now that I know it will be see in a solo show next fall. I need to get back to it. The space I will be showing in is LARGE so I need at least 8 if not 10 works done. ACK.

No rest for the weary.

No comments: