Thursday, September 15, 2011

8 months, is over.



Finally I am happy with the piece, 8 months. I know you all are probably totally sick of it but this piece has put me through the ringer. With disasters to indecision and all the stuff in between.
I thought I finished it before I went out of town but as I was reviewing it to apply for an exhibit I realized that it was indeed not.
After showing the images to my mom, who is always SO helpful when I am stuck as she knows me and my brain so well, we decided the red needed to go. (see with red here and half red here.)
I also felt the figure looked washed out so added a light wash of paint....

and I am finally ready to say DONE. What do you think? Did I make the right call?

I have invited to be in a figurative show and am sort of hoping they decide on this piece but there are many for them to pick from so we will see.

3 comments:

Jan said...

YES!

Joetta M. said...

humbly i say thank you.

Sonya Philip said...

Having seen it in person, I think it's stunning!