Monday, October 12, 2009

the journey...


oh, how I am loving the autumn. I do not know about where you are but it has been gorgeous in NY. Cool, crisp, and clear. Perfect.

Yesterday, C and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We got married on a perfect cool, crisp, and clear autumn day in a field under bright red trees, me in bare feet. It is hard to believe our perfect day was 6 years ago and that I have been utterly in love with this man for over 11. Time moves so fast.

Our lives have changed so much in the last 6 years, we have lived many different places, (left Ohio, then Boston, then Western Mass.) done and experience completely different lives, (jobs, no jobs, graduate school) and I never could have dreamed of ending up here in NYC (a little girl from Ohio's big dream) with me in my studio every day, C starting his own company on his own. Truly living the life we both imagined just with a few tweaks and a long way to still go.
The journey is amazing.

Ok, enough of that back to sewing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy anniversary. from one october bride to another :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsilliehilldreams/4004003651/in/set-72157621889190247/

Joetta M. said...

that is a super sweet and lovely gift for your man:) Thanks for sharing.