Thursday, October 22, 2009

mounds of knit.


The gallery and studios that I teach my community yoga classes at in Brooklyn has a great exhibit up now and I was especially intrigued by the work of Lindsay Chandler. Lindsay is currently a student at RISD and has some very cool work. No statement or words to give us incite into her process but her current work is all from a series called Central Landfill so it seems she has an environmental slant.


From looking at her work close up it appears like she may combine found knits that she stretches and manipulates along with machine knit pieces that are custom made.

I really love the texture and layering she creates with her technique. In person the works become very 3 dimensional and are of a nice size. I could imagine them huge and would love that even more. Perhaps as a huge wall installation.

Considering Lindsay is an undergrad she does not have a huge portfolio but I am excited to see what she does next.

No comments: