Tuesday, January 26, 2010

catch up.


Sorry no post yesterday but my weekends have been so crazy busy with teaching and art stuff that I needed a weekend day during the week- in which I actually attended to my life like cleaning house, paying bills, watering plants, and squeezing an actual yoga class in.
My commission got off safe and sound and- I got forced to be totally ripped off in the Fashion District by buying some needed embroidery hoops. $4 for a wooden hoop. Insane!

Now I am taking a little breather and working on some work just for fun- just a little text piece.
And last week I got 2 months of my pregnancy piece done, which has been neglected. Pictures tomorrow. I forgot my camera today.

And then back to making 3 new works for upcoming shows, shipping some work to Pittsburgh today for the Fiber Art Intn'l, and then trying to get my new series started before the baby comes. I would like to have it started to that I can just work on it at home those first months.

I have been getting some blog love lately and I SO very much appreciate it so a few huge thanks, virtual hugs, and such to...
a little house in the clouds for so sweetly relating to my work and words- I always loved this piece myself and remember that selling it was a bit bitter sweet for me.
LeiLiLaLoo for loving my banners- I have been thinking of re-visiting them somehow?
Tayla B for being inspired.
and the Boston.com for picking me again as an editors pick.

3 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Don't apologize for missed posts, you take all the catch up time you need! That said, I like the stitching on this piece. It's very textural. I'm still anxious for this new series!

molly said...

awww, my pleasure! i could post a million of your pieces, i just love your work. i'm so happy to read that this is 'what you do' & that you're expecting! congrats!

Joetta M. said...

thanks ladies. and the series is coming, i got my first picture to work from last night. i need to gather the pictures to work from...
but i have the first and will hopefully be getting another 2 in the next week.
i am going to have to variation in my subject matter, people, for a change...