Monday, February 6, 2012

plants.

Hmm, I feel like my images are looking grainy lately? Not sure that that is about. But I worked on finishing this piece this weekend. But now that it is washed I realize I have a few little things to tweak, which includes ripping out some of the white stitches. I have been really intrigued by negative space and what I choose to leave out in the more recent work. Originally this would have had the pots and table fully realized but now it will just be the plant itself and I think so much more interesting because of that, at least I hope....

I photographed my plants yesterday looking for solitary leaves or stems to work from on smaller linens. I think in the end the collection will be beautiful but also speak to nurture and neglect, life and death....as I am focusing on moments of the plants that are struggling or dry.

We will see. Hopefully I can get better images of this one later today. Now I get to stitch kiddo free for 2 hours. yeah...

No comments: