Tuesday, June 17, 2008

if only life were as simple as...


If only life were as simple as finding the beauty in wood and light.
I am in a funk today, contemplating jobs, life, my work, and the pathetic and impossible task of getting my work out there. It's easy to wonder why you even go into your studio.

So needless to say "funk."

Jobs are never quite right no matter how good they are, as it means you are not working on your work but someone else's....

lives are simply hard and complicated, and today tiring...

my work...what I make work? no that's not true I am working in stuff just not being excited about working on it, hard to be excited when you do not know when anyone will see it...

at least it is quite lovely outside, perhaps it will lift my funk and fog into some sunshine?

2 comments:

etre-soi said...

Joetta, hope your feeling better now, normally we do after we write about what's worrying us, right ?
I do feel like you at least once a week :) and that's really awful, I was watching a documentary about a german artist that lives in France in a castle, imagine it, she lives in a castle and all that she has to worry about during the day is about her artistic work and where to go shop for some groceries....oh! This is such a great life, I ask no more (I don't even ask for the castle) only to be able to do my art every single day with no other day job to pay my bills...the documentary brought me to tears...
Oh! How I would love to have a green space somewhere and to be able to work in my garden...this is what summer does to me...not good!
Hope you are smiling now :)
Thank you for your comment on aller-retour.

Joetta M. said...

well hopefully if we keep sending good vibes out someday we will have our castle to work all day in someday...one can hope.