Monday, June 2, 2008

my collection grows...

A bit if art is added to our growing collection. This is the advantage of going to graduate school with talented people, when you leave you get to trade with them and get really good art! Yay!

First up is definitely my favorite, from Sarah Purnell, I love this piece it speaks to me so much about loss... (size about 20x24)

I love the use of the spanse of negative space, and just in case you did not appreciate it enough...here is a close up:


And then another piece I got that speaks about loss and/or memory, from photographer Ryan Feeney, this lovely image:

Who new that a large scale (11x17) scan of the back of an old deteriorating photograph could yank at your heart strings so much?
So lovely...
The handwriting really seals the deal....
Too bad neither of these artists have websites so I can share more of their glory with you, they need to get on that!!!

And a piece which I wish was in my collection:

from the talented and lovely Emily B...

No comments: