Friday, January 16, 2009

change?

a piece from a series that I made a few years ago...
Text reads:
My glasses keep falling of my head, it is driving me crazy...
So why are they still driving me crazy? Why have I not gotten them fixed?
Is life telling me maybe I need to slow down, do the necessary?
Or am I just not doing anything about what is driving me crazy.
If you can make a change what is stopping you/me?

And well, it resonates with me today. Because A. my glasses do keep falling of my head, especially when I am teaching yoga. and B. though I do not need to slow down I may need to reevaluate some hierarchy or priority in my life. Or maybe I just need to stop being lazy and get them fixed!
It is so hard to find the time to do the things you just do not want to do...but need to.

2 comments:

angela simione said...

i know the feeling well - i make time for all my quaint desires and ideas and for the art-thing, but when it comes to doing the laundry... it can wait another day. :)

Joetta M. said...

and well the laundry really can wait right? My knitting is much more important! haha.
Thanks.