Thursday, March 19, 2009

in my studio...


Just a few shots from around the studio. I have taken a little bit of a studio break this week. Letting my brain breathe a little. Attempting to get out of the dense head space. But I did manage to finish the above 2 pieces- I just need to iron and properly photograph them in order to put them in my shop.


Translated this drawing onto its fabric. I am so excited about the works of us sleeping. I simply love working on sleeping faces. The soft muscles of the jaw, closed eyes, slightly parted lips....


and some lovelies from my box of linens- which arrived in the mail courtesy of my mom.
And I just got the thread for a large commission piece so will be starting to work away on that very soon.

What are you making? thinking about? dreaming about?

2 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Everything is so promising! The linens waiting to be pierced and threaded, the drawing waiting to be brought to life.

Joetta M. said...

thank you so much. i hope so:)