Thursday, March 12, 2009

the pleasure...


I had the pleasure of meeting photographer Stacey Renee Morrison yesterday for coffee and it was indeed a pleasure. We met via a post I did on her work Mama's House (image above)...and decided to meet in person. Besides the fact that she was absolutely lovely - I felt like I had known her forever- the comfort and familiarity I felt is very rare for me... so as I said a pleasure.

And talking to a fellow photographer and perusing some photos on the internet got me craving to be a little more aggressive about shooting again...but once a series has ended I always have a bit of a time finding the next one. .. it needs to happen serendipitously. So I am hoping that just by finally getting into the darkroom and printing along with dragging my camera a few places will get me inspired again.


Until then I have some exciting new things happening in the studio to work on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stacey was in our last group exhibition "Converging Margins" curated by Leah Oates. her work is wonderful and she did a great job during our panel talk. I am so glad you two connected.

Joetta M. said...

so awesome that you met her...she is so lovely.