Saturday, May 24, 2008

trying to get out of bed.....

Thinking in Bed
by Dennis Lee

I'm thinking in bed,
Cause I can't get out
Till I learn how to think
What I'm thinking about;

What I'm thinking about

Is a person to be--
A sort of a person
Who feels like me.

I might still be Alice,
Excepting I'm not.
And Snoopy is super,
But not when it's hot;

I couldn't be Piglet,
I don't think I'm Pooh,
I know I'm not Daddy
And I can't be you.

My breakfast is waiting.
My clothes are all out,
But what was that thing
I was thinking about?

I'll never get up
If I lie here all day;
But I still haven't thought,
So I'll just have to stay.

If I was a Grinch
I expect I would know.
But I don't think so.

There's so many people
I don't seem to be--
I guess I'll just have to
Get up and be me.

No comments: