Monday, October 27, 2008

simplicity and subtlety



Photographer Rebecca Horn is taking my breath away. The palette and the quality of the light she finds is just magic.


Once again a little frustrated as no artists statement to let me in on her perspective but...I do not need it too much as I can place so much meaning on her quiet still life's that it could fill a book.


She also create images that play with illusion and such and though still lovely I prefer the straightforward ones best...as her work really needs no added illusion they are quite perfect as they are.
Her work also reminds me of on of my all time favorites Laura Letinsky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are gorgeous

shill said...

enchanting!!!

Joetta M. said...

yeah.. i am so inspired. now i just need to buy some film and get shooting:)