Tuesday, October 21, 2008

white clouds...





I was not planning on featuring artist Isabelle de Borchgrave when I first found her work, she did not really seem to fit my aesthetic and though I enjoyed researching her I lacked an emotional connection to what she was doing... funny thing is now, today, in this moment...I do.

All I want to do today is be within a cloud of white and the photographs of artist Isabelle de Borchgrave's sculptural wedding dresses (above) are the closest thing to a cloud that I have seen lately.

I know that I am suppose to talk about the craftsmanship and dedication it takes to hand paint all the historically correct textiles and patterns.

and how amazingly exact the paper replications are...how beautiful they are.
How strange it is to play paper dolls on a life size scale.

But today you all can research her more and be in awe if you like.
All I want is to crawl under the skirt of a white, fluffy, dress and hide there... just like when I was a little girl hiding in the clothing racks...dreaming of how wonderful my life would be...

I am still dreaming and today I wish I was still hiding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Josephine said...

i'm a sucker for dresses. what gorgeous details on these!