Tuesday, October 14, 2008

oh the palette...be still my heart.


Artist Langdon Graves makes work that is gorgeously pale and soft but seemingly strong as well.
Her delicate drawings remind me of the hand of artist Joan Linder, and they use negative space similarly... but the subject seems so much about loss of something, of what I do not know, but I see a loss and sadness in each and every drawing.





Her soft sculptures evoke thoughts of a Dr. Seuss laboratory of medicine...
and remind me of the shapes and weight of the work of Eva Hesse.


A fantastical lab of magic machines that both invite and fascinate as well as horrify.

I really enjoy her use of textures, color and found objects... I have a feeling I will be seeing much more of her work in the future and so will you.

No comments: