Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am off to good old Ohio tomorrow to visit with grandma's, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, nieces, and folks for a good family Thanksgiving. C and I rarely do the big Thanksgiving thing and with the new babe on the way will probably not for a few years do it again. So I am looking forward to all the family, food, and turkey free fun.

In order to truly focus on family I am taking the week off of official blogging. I may stop in if I have the time or inkling but may not. So I wanted to wish you and your families a very happy, safe, joy filled Thanksgiving.

I have been reading this poem to my yoga classes this week and thought you all might like it too:

I’m Thankful for You

Thanksgiving is the appointed time
for focusing on the good in our lives.

In each of our days,
we can find small blessings,
but too often we overlook them,

choosing instead to spend our time
paying attention to problems.

We give our energy

to those who cause us trouble
instead of those who bring peace.
Starting now,

let’s be on the lookout

the bits of pleasure in each hour,
and appreciate the people
who
bring love and light
to everyone
who is blessed to know them.
You are one of those people.
On Thanksgiving,

I’m thankful for you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

By Joanna Fuchs

Enjoy the bounty of your life.
Warmly-
Joetta

See you on November 30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Have an awesome Thanksgiving!!!! Enjoy food and family and relaxing.