Wednesday, January 26, 2011

getting started.

So glad that I got into the studio yesterday as it is snowing like CRAZY today here in NYC. I mean a lot! Therefore, I am glad I trekked out in the light snow of yesterday. And though, due to just tough day stuff going on, I did not get as much work done as I had hoped or planned I did get started on the Kimono piece and am getting excited. It is always a little fun to do a piece outside of your normal subject matter and direction as it encourages you to be more experimental.

Not that this piece is that unusual for me but I would never have done it without the request for it and sometimes that makes you think a little differently about your work.

Today I do have to go out in this crazy weather to ship a few pieces out but otherwise have plans to do more applications and hang with T. Warm and cozy. And maybe if I am lucky pick up some stitching too.

No comments: