Thursday, May 27, 2010

evocative black and white...



Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous is the work of french artist, Magali Rizzo. Her blog is entirely in french and so I cannot read. Technically, I can a little if I tried but not today.


I find Magali's hand and technique of stitching very unique and this is the very thing that adds so much beauty and depth to her work. I wish I knew more about her motivations and how and who she selects the faces and figures to turn into portrait.


With the contrast of thin black thread against the crisp white linen her work has a strong emotional presence that is just lovely. And my understanding is that most of these works are significant in size too.


I so wish I could see them in person as I am sure they would take my breathe away.

More of her work here.

No comments: