Tuesday, May 11, 2010

fabulous fiber!


I finally got the catalogue from the Fiber Arts International and it is seriously overflowing with amazing and inspiring work. I have to get to the show. I will be featuring MANY of the artists on these pages as most are new faces to me. Of course there were some familiar ones too. Here is my page:


I loved the work that won best in show, Healing Sutra #3, by Erin Endicott. The work is gorgeous and made from an inherited tablecloth-

Probably one of my favorite works is Embroidered Scribbles on a Page in My Notebook, by Ayelet Lindenstrauss Larsen. I love the color, the everyday object, and the concept. Sadly, no web page for Ayelet as I am just dying to see more.


Another favorite is the incredibly gorgeous figurative piece, Melancholia, by Magoli Rizzo. The delicate thread and use of negative space is gorgeous. This is a detail shot.


and of course Dorie Millerson's piece is gorgeous as always...


Seriously, I was blown away by the work in the catalogue and it is worth the purchase if you love fiber arts. I promise you will not regret it. You can buy one here. Or see the exhibit in Pittsburgh until August 22nd.
I will be being inspired and featuring work from the catalogue for sure.

No comments: