Tuesday, May 11, 2010

papers shoes and yearning heart.


I am enjoying the clever and gorgeous work of Korean artist, Jeeun Kim. She has a piece in the Fiber Art International show which I hope to make it to. The above work is from a series of amazing hand bags made from everyday materials called, Objects of Subjectivity, these are both titles scrub.
more from this series.
much of her work including the piece in the Fiber Art show include shoes made from joomchi, a felting paper technique. The resulting installations are beautiful, delicate and full of metaphor.

I love the above piece, pairs, The shoes hung so delicately in front of the large white space of the wall speaks to my heart about home, distance, and identity.

Sadly, Jeeun does not have an artists statement on her website so I am unsure as to her vision behind the work, but to me it is heavy with yearning and emotion.


This installation , Combing Her Memories, is gorgeous with its delicate paper shoes and striking red thread. But I always love some hanging threads... something about the long dangling fiber speaks to me.


See more of Jeeun's work at her website here.

No comments: