Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cog trouble?




So I recently was shown the Honda Cog ad, and it is super cool if you have not seen it...

However, I assumed that it was done by the artists, Peter Fischli and David Weiss for Honda....
apparently not, they were just copied... 
which sucks because they totally did it first in their amazing film:
 The way things go, a 29 minute film about chain reaction
and in my opinion they should be credited somehow.  
It is too bad when stuff like that happens. (there is no way the makers of the ad did not know about the film because some of the stuff is exactly like in the film) 
I really loved the ad when I first saw it and now... I am disappointed.

Weiss and Fischili do work about balance, equilibrium, and reaction.
The film is amazing and worth watching in its entirety.
And their photos  ( above) are pretty great too. 

No comments: