Thursday, April 3, 2008

darkroom day


So I am spending the entire day in the darkroom.
Trying to get most of my prints done for the show.
Secretly, I love darkroom days...I feel productive and I am ... but I actually have to do little hard thinking.
I am so comfortable printing color I just float through the day... So it should be a good day.
I got some new negatives back and there is a great new image of C and I that I think is going to get to go in the show.  We will see.



This image is from the shoot I did for the card invitation.  It did not win out but I love the light on my skin.  C clicked the shutter for me.  He is the best photographers assistant ever.  He patiently posed for like 60 shots with me trying to get the image and then in the end I decided on one he is not in.  I am a lucky gal, even if he can be a pain in the butt, sometimes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lovely day ahead of you. I miss darkroom days. This image is lovely as well.

please sir said...

I love being in the darkroom, and miss it too! I love the darkness (of course), the smells, the silence...wonderful.

Joetta M. said...

yeah, before I came back to school I was missing it like crazy. But...I already found a place in NYC that I can c-print myself. Yay!