Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Leftovers...



A new piece that recently finished. leftovers of comforts.
I was originally planning on making the work in a shape of a spiral but it just was not working.
So for now it is hung just like a party banner...I am ok with that solution but not in love.

I am really happy with the actual object just not sure how to present it- after all it is a 25-30 ft long flimsy thing... I thought maybe a thin low shelf with the object laying on it? We will see.

The work says:
leftovers, butterflies in my stomach, a broken heart, warm sheets, dirty tissues, silence
Indeed the leftovers of comforts made from the literal leftovers of comforts...

3 comments:

Citygirl.em said...

That would make a GREAT garland for a Christmas tree!

maggie said...

i like it just the way you have it hung in the photo. nice work!

Joetta M. said...

it might be too big for a garland- it is like 4-5 inches thick...but maybe making some garlands would be good...

takin a nap- thanks, it is starting to grow on me.