Wednesday, November 12, 2008

words for the eyes.

artist Ros Rixon makes some very interesting work with the wonderful medium of the book.
I would love to see more work, especially the sculptural work like the work above.

She uses the below poem in her statement- and it is quite lovely.

Weary of those who come with words,
Words but no language.
I make my way to the snow-covered island,
The untamed has no words,
The unwritten pages spread out on every side.
I come upon the tracks of deer in the snow.
Language but no words.
Thomas Transtromer

The glass globe and strips of language can read like nests, universes, and dust balls-


I have tried to use books before in my own work and have always had a very hard time - as I just hate cutting apart a book- in a way they are so perfect as they are. But I do love it when others do.

No comments: