Thursday, October 1, 2009

bored, or not.


Some new items on etsy today. This lovely above, currently I am not bored but was when I started it. Unfortunately, I ran out of thread half way through and had to order it.
Just so you know shopping for thread in NY SUCKS! So for those of you that can drive to a Joanne's or Micheal's be grateful.

Another new item and a relist. FYI a lot of works have reduced prices so check the new prices out if you are coveting a piece.

Finished this piece and am SO happy with it, pics coming soon.

Today, I am straightening and preparing my studio for a visit of 12 + college students. My alma mater for graduate school has this super cool class led by the extremely wonderful Jerry Kearns called NYPOP. In this class a group of students come down to NY from UMASS 4 times a semester to do studio visits with artists, gallerist's, and such. I am honored with a visit from them this year. I am looking forward to speaking to them and am very much excited to get some feedback from Jerry- he is the best.

3 comments:

hodge podge said...

i'm curious where you like to buy your floss? my fave place is P&S (360 bway) and i think Daytona Trimming (39th between 7 & 8 aves) has a good stock of it too? oh, and thanks so much for the shout-out a few days ago ;n)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

That sounds like such an awesome class! Have fun :)

Joetta M. said...

thanks for the well wishes...

I have been to dakota but never P&S perhaps I need to check it out soon:)