Wednesday, October 28, 2009

did the sun get lost?


Where oh where did the sunshine go? This shot was taken a few days ago in a moment of delightful shadows. But lately my studio has been a cool gray and my arms have been chilled. The heat is still not even started in my studio- and though I have it set up in good working condition I would like to get my space back. Right now my studio is about 20-30 square ft less then normal. And it is cold. Brrr.

Good news is that I am finally really feeling like I am getting back into my studio swing. Since August it has felt totally off and now it is starting to feel good again, thank goodness.
I gave up on the digital projector and am planning on working with a newly purchased Tracer. I hope, my fingers are SO crossed, that it will work for what I need. It should arrive in the next few days. And then I need to find a dark place since my studio is flooded with light both night and day. Hopefully, there will be an empty interior studio that I can use for an afternoon. I really am excited to get started on this piece so I hope it works or I might just lose my mind.
Otherwise working away on some other things....

2 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I hope your new projector works for you! I hate being so stuck. That's what I was feeling all of last school year... Stuck and unable to get out. More so than you're feeling, I'm sure. At least you've still been making stuff. I mean, I had to for classes, but I didn't even finish a couple projects and then the stuff that I liked wasn't received well at my review b/c it didn't "mean anything." I'm huge into concept (it's kind of a key component of art), but it was a technical class and I was learning... Anyway, didn't mean to drag on.


I think it's a good idea to use various shades of greys in your crocheted piece, it'll create a bit of subtle depth. I love greys all together. Mmmmm.. Can't wait!

Joetta M. said...

i hope it works too!!!!! Fingers crossed.

I feel like I had a review or 2 like that myself:)