Friday, October 9, 2009

joy...

an experiment in process in the studio. This is one of my 2 new ideas towards large scale word work. Similar and inspired by this piece and this. I am both trying to find a more affordable way to make large scale words and less difficult technique.
Working with the crochet doilies can be difficult and frustrating plus I do not want to sell the current pieces because they are made from inherited family doilies and trying to buy enough and find them in the right colors has seemed difficult. I generally can only find white or hideous garish colors. It also adds up with the amounts I need. happily probably has 30 doilies included.

So I am pretty happy with joy, though I am trying to get the shape right without having to pin it to the wall- ideally I would like to be able to suspend it. So still experimenting. What do you think?

3 comments:

Knotted Nest said...

This is so beautiful! I especially like the relationship between the fabrics and the word itself. I'm interested to see what direction you take this. Lovely blog, by the way.

onesilentwinter said...

wonderful joetta!

Joetta M. said...

so glad you guys are liking this:)