Wednesday, October 7, 2009

cocoon


some images of my most recently "finished" work. Or almost finished work- I need some more of the gray thread to finish up the right sleeve of the robe. For now I am calling the work cocoon- as the figure is wrapped and wound in her fabric but also the metaphor of it seems to really work for me at the moment. We will see if it sticks. This piece is going off at the end of the month to YardDog in Austin for a show curated by the very fabulous Jenny Hart.

Otherwise today has been all about being super frustrated by the internet in my studio. Which is moody for the lack of any other appropriate description. It works totally like normal every day and then one week moody bastard! And today as a result I missed out on a cool opportunity because of it. Annoying! But whatever most days we are in awe of how it makes our life easier.

I huge and blushing thanks to the very kind post over here.

3 comments:

onesilentwinter said...

beautiful- the colors are gorgeous!!

Joetta M. said...

thanks, I am actually really happy with how it turned out:)

Unknown said...

one of my favorites. beautifully done.