Friday, October 23, 2009

finally...


feeling like I got over a hump. I cleaned up my studio yesterday , since it will be a week until I can put it back to normal, I have made the best of it. And in the process of cleaning, re- organizing, and looking through stuff feel a little bit of energy and excitement coming back.

I washed some pieces, above, that are part of a larger piece. Finished my piece for the upcoming Over and Under show in Austin, and got around to getting organized with my schedule.
So maybe having your studio put in complete upheaval can have a good side after all.

A friend of mine forwarded me this article about the state of craft today, totally worth the read.
and Rubi McGrory of Rubi Studios had some very good feedback and reporting on the recent American Crafts Council Conference and the resulting Martha bashing.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Oh hooray! Isn't that funny how things happen like that? My "studio" area needs a serious revamping, but I really don't have the time. I tend to clean it up really well every break (winter, spring and summer) and then let it get messy during the semester. Cleaning up is always so rejuvenating. Those linens are beautiful, can't wait to see what you're doing with them :)

Joetta M. said...

rejuvenating indeed. When I was in school my clean ups were usually limited to the week before our semester critiques and reviews:)