Thursday, October 15, 2009

trapped.



I was in an exhibit in February at Gallery Hannahou with some work of Katherine Shaughnessy and never really looked her up. But today her hand made "traps" and fantasy like installations are making me intrigued.


I wonder what the traps are all about, they remind me in ways of domestic tools and objects. But also have a very Eva Hesse feel.

Her fantasy like installation reminds me of one of my all time favorite young artists Kimberley Hart.



What is your fantasy today?
See more here.
She also has embroidery kits and patterns available here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joetta, I only just realized I had a comment from you...Still new to this blogspot and it's methods. Anyway, I'm not sure if you were notified when I replied to your comment, but here is what I wrote:

Oh, Joetta!! I just noticed this comment from you...You have been getting me through some really hard times, you have no idea...THANK YOU. I think you and your talent are just wonderful. :)

Joetta M. said...

thanks for making sure I got your comment. you made my day! I am glad my little blog can help you and inspire up through the day.
Warm Regards-
Joetta