Friday, March 12, 2010

almost done.



So the embroidery itself is done on this floating portrait- I am actually quite happy with it. I like the detail of the bubbles around the hair too...
I am definitely going to add some paint in to differentiate the moment where the skin is above and under water. But otherwise, we are close to finish. This piece is in an exhibit in May and usually I would be working to the last minute- but with the babe coming I breathe with a sigh of relief knowing that it is ready and waiting...

and now I am going to try to squeeze in another piece for my small solo show next month. We'll see - it helps me avoid all the "computer" stuff I should be doing in the studio. Like applying for shows and curatorial calls. As of late my attention span cannot handle those. Ergh.

thanks for some sweet mentions here and here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg i love this one!!!!!

Joetta M. said...

thanks:) I am happy with how it has turned out so far.