Thursday, March 4, 2010

backside beauty...

so I got the hair done, a day ahead of my internal schedule and am super happy with it...so have now started working on the face- the lips are looking totally awesome!!!
Who new a few years ago that I would practically be working like a painter just with thread. I sure as heck didn't.


This is the back of the face and I kind of find the back just as beautiful as the front so I thought you might enjoy seeing the process....

Anyway, sorry posts have been on the short side this week but my brain is seriously moving 90 miles per minute as of late. There is so much to do in preparation for the baby- meaning lots of extra midwife appts. now that the date is so soon, picking a pediatrician appts (check we got that done this week), we need to finish our half built wall... and that does not even begin to touch on the 4 shows that I am in during April that I am finishing work, gathering work, and shipping work for. So I apologize for the lower awesome factor in posts. But hopefully things will get a little caught up soon and I will be back to normal.

Announcement details soon about a new show that I am curating in Tribeca- so I hope that many of you readers will submit!!!! More to come soon.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are one very busy lady.

Have a lovely weekend.

Joetta M. said...

busy indeed...but all good things.
:)

carla paoliello said...

hi. my name is carla. i'm an artist from brazil that just love embroidery. i love the backside of any embroidery. and yours is specially great. i believe that it is beautiful because it shows the piece of art without the preoccupation of being beautiful or not. it is unpretentious and random. congratulations on your work. and thank you for letting us learn with you.
carla
(www.bordadomemoria.blogspot.com)

Joetta M. said...

carla- thanks so much for your comments you put it so well. I recently got to see the back of a wonderful artist's work and I felt so privileged to see this insight into her creation. It is a lovely way to see any form of needlework.
best-

nadia said...

wow joetta, yes like a painting. i have always like the back or embroidered pieces and the lips of your piece reminds me why.