Wednesday, March 24, 2010

show prep...

a mock up of a small interior install of this work.


Today, I have been trying to gather together the work for my solo show in brooklyn, home sweet home, that opens on my due date.
Crazy indeed.
But since it is so close to my due date, I will not be able to install the work, so I am gathering and preparing everything, making install instructions, ordering prints, and trying to get a dvd together in vain.
But today I got all the physical work gathered and ironed. Wooh!
Now my main thing is to figure out how to get my dvd done. I have not worked with my video camera in a few years and essentially have completely forgotten how to do everything. But I will figure it out hopefully. Who knows maybe I will get inspired to make video work again?

Yesterday, I was busy at home sanding and painting our wall that partitions the babe's room. It looks great!

6 comments:

Amelia said...

wow - busy creating time for you in many ways!!!!

Good luck with the show, your work looks great!

Amelia.x

Quilt Architect said...

Sounds to me like you are definitely fixing to have a baby. I remember having these "things" I just had to get done...then whish here the little person came.

Good luck.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I have been away for way too long! It's getting so close now, I can't believe it. I can't wait to see the interior installation of "Line" and see how the dynamics change with the new environment. Especially since that piece served a major jumping point for my senior show :)

Joetta M. said...

thanks to everyone for your sweet support, busy, busy.
life keeps bustling on.

the ghost factory said...

Hi! When does the show open? I can't find any info about it on the gallery's site. I've been following your work for a while and I'm going to be in NYC this weekend so I hope I can catch it!

Joetta M. said...

bummer, it does not go up until next week. It opens on april 11th. Next time hopefully.
and yes annoyingly the website is a little late to be updated.