Monday, March 31, 2008

so lovely...

While getting caught up on all the blogs I read...
I found this amazing work via (still trying to remember, sorry)

Bun with a Red Thread




Not only do I simply love the work of artist Diem Chau.
Especially how the thread continues out of the piece... I am a big fan of doing that in my own work as well.  But the description  of her work on her site is :

... combines common mediums and common means to create delicate vignettes of fleeting memory, gesture and form,
resulting in works that combine egalitarian sensibility and minimalist restraint. Her work touches on the value of   
Storytelling, Myths and its ability to connect us to each other through cultural and humanistic similarities. 

I am a huge fan of art that has the ability to connect us as we, as a world and culture,  need connection....

2 comments:

nikole said...

beautiful.
both her work and her description.

Joetta M. said...

i love it. i am so intrigued by her techniques.