Tuesday, February 10, 2009

domestic stillness



I am loving these domestic still lives by photographer Caroll Taveras...
From the series Family... images of empty domestic spaces and homes just rip a little bit of my heart out-


I love how much you can understand about a person by the things they surround themselves with and how they arrange their possessions-
A home should reflect the being within...it creeps me out in the rare occurrence that the home is vacant of the person in energy.
My friend had a place like that and though it was beautiful I hated being there.



Taveras has many amazing and inspiring photographs from other series on her website.
And is finishing up this super interesting project this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Joetta! I am looking forward to exploring your etsy and blog more! Love your work! shae xo

glam.spoon said...

you remind me that after nearly 6 years in our home, I need to put things up on the walls...

Joetta M. said...

glam- glad I could remind...

Butterfly- welcome.