Tuesday, February 10, 2009

laying...



I had a nice productive day in the studio and finished this piece...I am really happy with how it turned out. The colors work nicely. I might go back in a add a little paint but am going to wait a bit...make sure that it is necessary...


Now I have to figure out how to get the next piece transferred. I am wanting to do a near life size piece...but figuring out how to enlarge the image to make my template is a bit of a struggle. If only I had a digital projector life would be so much easier...
I could not resist the humor in this piece after I washed it the little eyes peeking out...


If you want to check out some pictures of the opening at Hanahou check out Nicole's flickr stream.

2 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Definitely a digital projector would be nice. Or even a bulb one, if you had a transparency. I really like this embroidery. I think I'm really attracted to the lamp for some reason. Maybe the way you portrayed the shade?

Joetta M. said...

I really love the lamp too...I think I like it 'cause it is the first time I have really included an object as its own being...I am planning on including more images in my next few...
J