Thursday, February 19, 2009

new work and new series...


So here is the newest drawing for my next embroidery. I am loving the perspective of C's hand coming forward in the image. I got it all transferred onto the linen and am ready to get stitching.
Hopefully I will start today but am working to finish this piece- so that I can enter it into an exhibit.

After doing this drawing and looking through some images- I found 2 more sleeping portraits all ready to go.


So I decided I am going to embrace my obsession with the bed- see waking with you- and do a series of embroideries of sleeping faces....
I did drawings for the 2 images and love them both- so I am super excited to get moving on things.
I think eventually it would make a great show - prints from waking with you alongside embroidered sleeping portraits. What do you think?

Thanks to Cafe mom for another mention and a very sweet post at A Story in a Box.

5 comments:

gerfiles said...

I like your work a lot... a combination of bed photos and sleeping faces embroideries sounds like a marvelous idea...

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I can't wait to see what your embroideries look like! I love the idea of putting the two projects together.

Joetta M. said...

I am glad you all like the idea...I just figured I would love walking into a show like that so ...Why not?
We will see if it ever happens...

Netamir said...

This is beautiful drawing, I am curious to see it with embroidery.
I love your work it is so special and delicate.

Joetta M. said...

the transition from drawing to embroidery is always interesting- and for me nerve wrecking:)