Wednesday, February 18, 2009

final knot tied...


Here are the final images of my newest figurative embroidery, laying. I showed it last week but tweaked just a few things and have better images now.
I am really happy with how it turned out, I particularly like how the colors of my embroidery work with the colors of the existing embroidery-
and how the shape of the linen mimics the shape of the figure.


The details became important to me- the inclusion of the lamp.
I feel like this inclusion builds more of a space around the figure.
I also carefully recreated my very unique wedding ring....you cannot really see it but the detail meant a lot to me.


I still may add in a little paint but am not sure that it needs it so....I will just sit and watch it for awhile and see what it communicates to me.


I also tried this suggestion from Chrisy ...a hoop on the hands and not the face. What do you think?
I think it might be the perfect answer. Or does it look awkward? I appreciate all your feedback.

Thanks to all of you who sent messages to brighten my day yesterday...I actually got some great news that really did brighten my day. I will share in a few weeks.

And a sweet thanks to lovely things, craft gossip, and juliana.

And please stop by my shop a few new pieces have been added.

3 comments:

being@becky said...

I really like the one hoop on the hands. It gives a focal point, a place to rest and focus the eyes before you move on to the rest of the piece. All of your work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Joetta M. said...

thanks....it is funny my mom said the exact same thing about the focal point.
And thank you for your kind words:)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Your latest emb. is lovely. I still love the lamp. You've given it such delicate life. I would love to see you explore objects more in your work. You give it such life.