Friday, February 20, 2009


I recently saw the flickr page of artist and designer Neta Amir and it put a huge smile on my face.
She creates everyday objects out of fabric and stuffing.


I love the detail she puts into her work but also the chunky heaviness of it.
She recreates it correctly and simultaneously embraces the weight and natural qualities of fiber.


Amir uses her everyday life and daily environment as the theme and inspiration of her work.

from a press release:
Her installation tells a story about the traces left behind by various people, on the same place, at various moments. Combining objects within the context of an installation adds another story to the existence of the objects once more, and invites viewers to complement this by their own personal interpretation.

She also creates some incredible puppets-like creatures and has a lovely blog.


7 comments:

vantiani said...

Oh so so cool!
Thank you so much for sharing, Joetta!

Have an inspiring weekend too,

Vantiani.

Anonymous said...

i've been lurking on your blog for a few weeks and thought i'd pop up to say hello. i really love your work and your blog, love how you showcase other artists. it's all just gorgeous and inspiring. thank you.

mara
kleiosbelly.wordpress.com

Joetta M. said...

I am so glad that my little world here inspires all of you.
Thankfully there are so many amazing artists for me to find and feature:)

Anonymous said...

these are amazing! I love those cups!

Netamir said...

Wow thank you so much for featuring me!
I was so thrilled to read:)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I love, like you said, the visual weight of the pieces, even though you know that fabric and stuffing are relatively light, compared to the weight of the real object being presented. Love the contrast.

Joetta M. said...

neta- delighted you found the feature and enjoyed it. It was my pleasure.